Spingold Theater Center
Scope and Contents
This collection has materials from 1950 through 2006. The collection includes programs and fliers for both student and professional productions and theater festivals at the Spingold Theater Center. In addition, there are public relations materials such as official public service announcements, newsletters, invitations and subscription fliers.
- 1950-2008, undated
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Please contact the department for more information.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests to reproduce or publish material from the collection should be directed to the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University.
Biographical or Historical Information
The Spingold Theater Center was completed in 1965. It is named after Nate B. and Frances Spingold. The theater complex includes a 750-seat main stage theater; the Laurie Flexible Theater for experimental and television productions; the Merrick Theatre, a director's space for rehearsals and student performances; and dance studios, the Dreitzer Art Gallery, and other studio, classroom and technical workshop areas.
1.50 Linear Feet
1.50 Linear Feet
Arranged in three series: 1. Brandeis Student Performances, 1950-2006, undated; 2. Performances by non-Brandeis Professional Organizations , 1971-1996, 2004, undated; 3. Public Relations Materials, 1965-2006, undated. The materials are organized alphabetically in 3 manuscript boxes and assorted loose items. For more information about each series, please consult the series descriptions in the box and folder listing.
Materials previously in this collection have been moved to the Theater Arts Department collection. Materials from the Dreitzer Gallery are in the Poses Institute of Fine Arts Collection. Some "News from Spingold Theater" announcements are in the Media Relations Collection. From hindsight, theater programs seem better suited to the Department of Theater Arts Collection and perhaps these should be moved- 2/11/11.
Other Descriptive Information
Addenda to this collection may not be listed in the finding aid, but may be available for research use. Please contact us for more information.
- Arts, Modern -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Arts, Modern -- 21st century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brandeis University
- Brandeis University. Spingold Theater Center
- Dance companies -- Massachusetts -- Waltham Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Flying Karamazov Brothers
- National Theatre of the Deaf
- Nikolais Dance Theatre Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Paul Taylor Dance Company
- Performance art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Theaters -- Massachusetts -- Waltham Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Steven Butzel
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Brandeis University Repository
415 South St.