Denah Lida papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of materials related to the personal life and scholarship of Professor Denah Lida and spans the years 1903-2007. It contains correspondence, personal library materials, research notes and typescripts, copies of publications, academic regalia, as well as materials relating to her personal and family history, including ephemera.
- 1903-2007, undated
- Majority of material found in 1955-2000
- Other: Date acquired: 2006-09-07
- Lida, Denah, 1923- (Author, Person)
- Rosenthal, David S. (MD) (Author, Person)
- Zohn, Harry (Author, Person)
- Schwartz, Morris S. (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Please contact the department for more information.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests to reproduce or publish material from the collection should be directed to the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University.
7.00 Linear Feet
6 record center boxes, 1 garment box other_unmapped
1.00 Linear Feet
6.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Arranged in ten series: 1: Correspondence, 1939-2007; 2. Photographs, 1942-1986; 3. Brandeis Materials, 1951-2005; 4. Teaching Materials, 1958-1988; 5. Publications, 1941-1996; 6. Personal Library, 1903-2006; 7. Research Materials, 1972-1992; 8: Audio Recordings, 1978-1999, undated; 9. Subject Files, 1916-2007; 10. Academic Regalia, undated.
For more information about each series, please consult the series descriptions in the box and folder listing.
Source of Acquisition
Donated by Professor Denah Lida. Additional materials donated by Clara Lida (daughter) in March 2008.
Other Descriptive Information
Addenda to this collection may not be listed in the finding aid, but may be available for research use. Please contact us for more information.
- Brandeis University
- Brandeis University -- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brandeis University. Department of Romance Studies. Hispanic Studies
- Spanish literature -- History and criticism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Katie Hargrave
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Brandeis University Repository
415 South St.