Marshall Sklare Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection houses much of Dr. Sklare's extensive research files, including original work on his own scholarship as well as a large collection of newsclippings, scholarly articles, and conference materials. The collection also features a smaller number of letters to and from Dr. Sklare, most related to his research.
- Majority of material found in 1950-1990
- Sklare, Marshall, 1921- (Person)
- Fuchs, Lawrence H. (Person)
- Jick, Leon A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests to reproduce or publish material from the collection should be directed to the Robert D. Farber University & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University.
22.50 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
English, Old (ca.450-1100)
Arranged in 4 series: 1. Lakeville Jewish Study Data, 1957-1964; Marshall Sklare Scholarship and Correspondence, 1961-1991, undated; 3. Marshall Sklare Scholarship and Research, 1908-1982; 4. Newsclipping and Research Files, 1906-1990, undated.
Other Descriptive Information
Addenda to this collection may not be listed in the finding aid, but may be available for research use. Please contact us for more information.
- Brandeis University
- Brandeis University -- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brandeis University. Center for Modern Jewish Studies Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Brandeis University. Department of Near Eastern and Judaic Studies
- Conservative Judaism Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jews -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Judaism -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sklare, Marshall, 1921-
- United States -- Ethnic relations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Winston Bowman
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Brandeis University Repository
415 South St.