Daniel Webster collection
Scope and Contents
The Daniel Webster collection contains 5 linear feet of manuscript material and is dominated by correspondence received during his appointment as Secretary of State under Presidents Harrison and Tyler from 1841 to 1843. The collection also contains some legal and financial documents.
- Majority of material found in 1841-1843
- Webster, Daniel, 1782-1852 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests to reproduce or publish material from the collection should be directed to the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University.
For more information please contact the department.
5.00 Linear Feet (9 manuscript boxes)
Language of Materials
Arranged in two series: 1. Correspondence, 1827-1852; 2. Miscellaneous, 1718-1892.
Source of Acquisition
donated by Philip D. Sang in the 1950s.
Processed by Kim Allegretto in 2004. Finding aid updated by Craig Bruce Smith in 2010.
- United States -- History -- 1815-1861 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- Politics and government Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Webster, Daniel, 1782-1852 -- Correspondence Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Kim Allegretto
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Brandeis University Repository
415 South St.