Ludwig Lewisohn collection
Scope and Contents
The Ludwig Lewisohn collection contains 65 linear feet of manuscript material and represents the latter part of Ludwig Lewisohn’s writing career, from a year after his stay in Europe began ( 1925) to his death in 1955.
- Lewisohn, Ludwig, 1882-1955 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Please contact the department for more information.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests to reproduce or publish material from the collection should be directed to the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University.
65.00 Linear Feet
25 manuscript boxes other_unmapped
Arranged in five series: 1. Correspondence, 1919-1954; 2. Scrapbooks, 1906-1942; 3. Manuscripts, 1908-1955; 4. Personal Notebooks, undated; Miscellaneous, 1940s-1975.
For more information about each series, please consult the series descriptions in the box and folder listing.
Other Descriptive Information
Addenda to this collection may not be listed in the finding aid, but may be available for research use. Please contact us for more information.
Processed by Kim Allegretto in 2003. Archon finding aid created by Craig Bruce Smith in 2010.
- American literature -- Jewish authors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Brandeis University
- Brandeis University -- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lewisohn, Ludwig, 1882-1955 -- Correspondence Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Lewisohn, Ludwig, 1882-1955 -- Manuscripts Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Zionism -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kim Allegretto
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Brandeis University Repository
415 South St.