Bronfman Center for Jewish Communal Innovation
Scope and Contents
This collection contains materials from 2007-2008. These documents detail the progam creation and application process, as well as the final selection.
- Majority of material found in 2007-2008
- Other: Date acquired: 2008-07-01
- Bronfman, Charles, 1931- (Funder, Person)
- Bronfman Center for Jewish Communal Innovation (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Application and search materials are restricted. Contact University Archivist for further information. Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Please contact the department for more information.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests to reproduce or publish material from the collection should be directed to the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University.
Biographical / Historical
The Charles Bronfman Chair for Jewish Communal Innovation was a Visiting Chair established by the Hornstein Center in 2007. The visiting scholar was required to research and write a book on their proposed topic, as well as teach one class a semester. The initial program drew over 200 applicants, of whom five finalists participated in a public symposium of their ideas.
1.00 Linear Feet
0.50 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
English, Old (ca.450-1100)
For more information about each series, please consult the series descriptions in the box and folder listings.
Source of Acquisition
Transferred by Prof. Jonathan Sarna in July 2008.
Other Descriptive Information
Addenda to this collection may not be listed in the finding aid, but may be available for research use. Please contact us for more information.
- Brandeis University Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Hornstein Program in Jewish Communal Service, Jewish Community at Brandeis, Philip W. Lown School for Near Eastern and Judaic Studies Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Jewish Communal Service Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Jews -- Education (Higher) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Katie Hargrave and Ben Schmidt
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note