University Health Center
Scope and Contents
The files in this collection were created from 1962 through 2004 and include memos, reports, announcements, and incomplete runs of two newsletters produced by the Health Center, "To Your Health" and "Wellness on Campus." Many of the files described to the campus the services and programs that the Health Center provided. The newsletters also provided general health information including suggestions for healthy living.
- 1962-2004, undated
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Please contact the department for more information.
Conditions Governing Use
Requests to reproduce or publish material from the collection should be directed to the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University.
Biographical or Historical Information
The Brandeis University Health Center is a division of the Department of Student Affairs and is responsible for student health at the University. The Health Center is overseen by a director who reports to the Dean of Student Affairs. The University administration eliminated many services and programs operated by the Health Center during the summer of 1998, outsourcing much of their work to the former Waltham-Deaconess Hospital.
0.50 Linear Feet
1 manuscript box. other_unmapped
0.50 Linear Feet
Arranged in three series: 1. Memos and Reports, 1962-2004; 2. Newsletters, 1986-2001; 3. Memorabilia, undated. Series 1 and 2 are arranged chronologically; series 3 is arranged alphabetically. For more information about each series, please consult the series descriptions in the box and folder listing.
Accruals and Additions
Stoneman Infirmary plaque transferred from the Office of the President on 7/9/04.
Other Descriptive Information
Addenda to this collection may not be listed in the finding aid, but may be available for research use. Please contact us for more information.
- Brandeis University
- Brandeis University -- Students Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Brandeis University. Health Center Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College students -- Health Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College students -- Medical care Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Health promotion services -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note