"Der Sonntag des Herrn Klette" : Bildergeschichte von Helmut Hirsch - Poem, 1932
Scope and Contents
Birthday gift to parents
- Hirsch, Helmut, 1916-1937 (Author, Person)
- Hirsch, Helmut, 1916-1937 (Artist, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Please contact the department for more information.
From the Collection: 5.00 Linear Feet
From the Collection: 9 manuscript boxes, 1 oversized roll of sketches, 1 film reel other_unmapped
Language of Materials
This little comic story by Helmut Hirsch details Herr Kettle's Sunday. Hirsch has supplied the text and illustrations. The story begins with Herr Kettle getting out of bed, his wife bringing him coffee and/or tea while he reads the newspaper. Following his breakfast, Herr Kettle takes a bath and gets dressed. Hirsch has drawn a diagram on how to tie a tie. As the day progresses, Herr and Frau Kettle go out and the story concludes with them going to bed. In some ways, this little comic dedicated to his parents shows the closeness that Hirsch had with his parents. The item has its original board and is bound with quarter leather.
11 pages : illustrations 8.5 in H x 6.25 in. W (28cm x 16cm)
Dedicated to his parents 1932
- Art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Comic books, strips, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Graphic novels Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hirsch, Helmut, 1916-1937 -- Works Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Married people -- Comic books, strips, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the Brandeis University Repository
415 South St.