Animal sketches by Helmut Hirsch - 1 booklet, 1934
Scope and Contents
Tiere - loose sketches and paintings
- Hirsch, Helmut, 1916-1937 (Artist, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Please contact the department for more information.
From the Collection: 5.00 Linear Feet
From the Collection: 9 manuscript boxes, 1 oversized roll of sketches, 1 film reel other_unmapped
Language of Materials
This is one of the few artbooks Helmut Hirsch compiled in his lifetime. On the cover Hirsch has titled this book "Tiere (Animals), is a fawn drawn in white. The second image we find is a small ink sketch of two trees with a bird in the background. Next, there is another fawn that is followed by a horse, which Hirsch has dated as 1934. Within this book, we see Hirsch looking to capture more natural subjects. This contrasts other works we find in the collection that focus on industry. The fifth image is of two gazelles. And the last image in this book is of an ink drawing of a tiger.
4 pages : illustration 9.5 in. H x 6 in. W (24 cm x 15cm) 1 page : illustartion ; 4.5 in. H x 6 in. W (11cm x 15cm) 4 pages: 9.5 in. H x 6 in. W (24 cm x 15cm)
- Animals in art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Animals in art -- Painting Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Animals in art -- Pen drawing Subject Source: Local sources
- Art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hirsch, Helmut, 1916-1937 -- Works Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Wildlife in art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the Brandeis University Repository
415 South St.