School reports for Helmut Hirsch : "Schul-Zeugnisse," Stuttgart, 1 booklet, November 1922 - April 1926
Scope and Contents
Contains academic records of, and school work by, Helmut Hirsch. All records are in German.
- Majority of material found within November 1922 - April 1926
- Schulbezirk Stuttgart (Issuing body, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Please contact the department for more information.
From the Collection: 5.00 Linear Feet
From the Collection: 9 manuscript boxes, 1 oversized roll of sketches, 1 film reel other_unmapped
Language of Materials
Here we have Helmut Hirsch's report card from November 1922-April 1926 from the Schulbezirk Stuttgart (Stuttgart School District - public school). On the first page, we get a break down of the "Zeugnissstufen" or markings. We find that Siegfried Hirsch has signed, and for each school term, the teacher and Hirsch's father has signed for the marks given. Based on the grading scale, young Helle received "sehr gut" or "gut" marks -- except in school attendance, where he got a "ungenügend" (unsatisfactory) at times. We also see the original school stamp for each near each signature. The printed text is in fraktur. There are pages left blank following the last entry for April 1926. The last page is an area for a class schedule.
20 pages ; illustrations ; 6.5 in. H x 4.25 in. W (17cm x 11cm)
On the cover it states Hirsch's birth date "geboren den 27. I. 1916". Text is in fraktur
- Germany -- Elementary schools -- Report cards Subject Source: Local sources
- Hirsch, Helmut, 1916-1937
- Hirsch, Helmut, 1916-1937 -- Report cards Subject Source: Local sources
- Hirsch, Siegfried, 1878-1940
- Report cards -- Germany -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the Brandeis University Repository
415 South St.