Poem and sketch by Helmut Hirsch , 1933
Scope and Contents
Painting of man with bow and arrow, and poem "Springsong"
Conditions Governing Access
Access to the collection is in accordance with the policies of the Robert D. Farber University Archives & Special Collections Department, Brandeis University. Please contact the department for more information.
From the Collection: 5.00 Linear Feet
From the Collection: 9 manuscript boxes, 1 oversized roll of sketches, 1 film reel other_unmapped
Language of Materials
Here we have a poem and sketch by Helmut Hirsch. The poem is in English and typed out. The poem describes a finch's song and the desire to be free as a bird. The sketch is an ink drawing of a naked archer. The archer has mythical characteristics and Hirsch has accented the masculinity of the character. The ink sketch is matted to a dark brown board.
1 page: 11 in. H x 8.5 in. W (28cm x 22cm) 1 page ; illustration ; 12 in. H x 9 in. W (30cm x 23cm)
- Archers -- Pen drawing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Archers in art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Art Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hirsch, Helmut, 1916-1937 -- Works Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings